You must be logged in to post a review.
Fettuchini Alfredo is my favorite Italian dish and this version so much healthier!
Remember to reserve pasta cooking water after cooking the pasta.
1. In a medium sauce pan, add butter and olive oil. Allow butter to melt.
2. Once butter is melted, add minced garlic. Let cook for about 2 minutes
3. Add flour and cook another minute. You don’t want the flour flavor, but need the flour for thickening.
4. Next, pour in milk, and whisk for about 1 minute.
5. Then add cream cheese and mix again, then add the Parmesan cheese. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
6. After about 2 more minutes, add the reserved pasta water to help thin it out.
7. Pour sauce in pasta and mix well.
Recipe adapted from Momma’s Meals.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!