You must be logged in to post a review.
Only a few ingredients go into this knock-out appetizer or quick dinner!
1. Preheat oven to medium heat. Grease the grill lightly.
2. Clean tops of mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove stems.
3. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, blue cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce together.
4. Divide cheese mixture evenly into mushroom cavities.
5. Cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap around each mushroom and place a toothpick into the mushroom where the bacon ends overlap. (Make sure the toothpick is sticking out the side and is not in the top or bottom.)
6. Grill mushrooms 5–7 minutes per side or until bacon has grill marks, is slightly crispy, and the filling has melted.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!