You must be logged in to post a review.
Nothing beats a hearty stew simmering in your slow cooker all day, and this meat and potato stew is sure to please the pickiest eaters in your bunch. Serve with bread or biscuits.
1. Cut carrots, potatoes, and beef in bite-sized pieces.
2. Add carrots and potatoes to slow cooker.
3. Dredge about one-third to half the beef pieces in flour.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking spray or some oil. Sear beef until lightly brown. Add beef to slow cooker.
5. Add some of the broth to the pan – just enough to loosen up the bits on the bottom.
6. Add deglazed broth to slow cooker, and repeat with remaining beef.
7. Add remaining broth to slow cooker, along with bay leaf, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender.
8. Combine cornstarch and water, and stir into stew. If stew thickens immediately, season to taste and serve anytime. Otherwise, turn heat to high and cook stew an additional 30 minutes. (Slow cookers really do vary in temperature.)