You must be logged in to post a review.
This is a great way to make a whole chicken. Rotisserie makes such a juicy chicken – and it’s great with sides like potatoes and gravy, or shredded for enchiladas, or in a chicken salad, pulled meat sandwiches, chicken soup, pot pie or a Midwest Haute Dish!
1. Prepare your slow cooker by taking 3 pieces of aluminum foil, crumple them into 3 balls. Toss into the bottom of your slow cooker. The foil balls will hold your chicken up out of the juices that drip. Remember to save the juices afterwards!
2. Now prepare your chicken. “Rinse it, pat it, and mark it with a C…” Rinse out the whole chicken, remove any bags or necks, etc from inside, rinse the insides and drain out. Pat chicken with paper towels to dry.
3. Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil balls and into your slow cooker breast side up. Very carefully pull the skin up all around the chicken. It took me years to be able to do this as I still hate touching raw meat and thinking about meat in general. Squeamishly rub about 1/2 Tablespoon of seasoned salt underneath skin. Pour 1/2 Tablespoon seasoned salt into cavity. Rub 1/2- 1 Tablespoons seasoned salt on outside of the bird all over, underneath, sides, wings, and top.
4. Cover and set your slow cooker to low. Leave it alone for 7-8 hours.
5. Be careful when you take it out, this tender chicken will literally fall off the bone when you take it out. Transfer to a plate and serve.