You must be logged in to post a review.
Bulgur wheat is tossed with tons of fresh herbs and summer veggies for a bright, fresh and delicious healthy Summer salad!
1. Pour the dry bulgur wheat into a bowl, and cover it with the boiling water.
2. Cover the bowl with a dish towel and let it sit for about an hour, until all liquid has been absorbed.
3. While the bulgur is cooking, prepare all of the vegetables and fresh herbs and transfer them to a large bowl.
4. When the bulgur is cooked, fluff it with a fork.
5. Transfer it to the larger bowl with all of the vegetables and herbs.
6. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
7. Pour the dressing into the large bowl with all of the vegetables and herbs.
8. Gently stir and season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
9. Serve at room temperature or chilled and enjoy.
This refreshing chopped salad was so tasty, my girls and I were fighting over the last serving. If you’ve never had jicama, it’s a slightly sweet, mild flavored, very moist and very crunchy root vegetable from Mexico. It’s also very high in fiber and Vitamin C. I can buy precooked barley in the freezer section of my grocery store. If you can’t find the precooked variety, I share simple cooking instructions below.