You must be logged in to post a review.
A refreshing summer dinner that will take your taste buds to paradise!
1. For the chicken, add the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, water, and half of the lime juice to a bowl. Whisk together and pour into a Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. For the rice, pour the coconut milk, water, and rice into a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the green onion. Season with salt. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple salsa. Add the pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, and parsley into a small bowl. Pour in the remaining half of the lime juice and season with salt. Set aside.
4. Heat a grill pan/small skillet/George Foreman over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil (if using a pan) and cook the chicken for 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches 165ºF. If using a Foreman, cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add equal portions of rice to each bowl. Top with the pineapple salsa and equal amounts of sliced chicken.
Cornish hens with a garlic butter crust, smothered in lemon and rosemary!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!