You must be logged in to post a review.
Risotto is the perfect fall food. It’s comforting and delicious and the addition of arugula makes this a peppery plate of fabulousness!
1. Blanch the arugula in boiling salted water for 30 seconds and then submerge in an ice bath to keep the color intact. Transfer arugula to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and rice. Stir for about 30 seconds until the rice just begins to toast. Add the shallots and give it a quick stir.
3. Continue to cook the rice for about 1 more minute and then add the wine. Once the wine has evaporated, add the vegetable stock, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir the rice constantly and add another 1/2 cup of stock once the previous addition has been absorbed. Continue this process till you have no more stock.
4. Once all the stock has been absorbed, remove the rice from the heat and add the mascarpone and parmesan cheese as well as the blended arugula. Season with salt and stir to combine.
5. Let the risotto sit for 2 minutes and then serve.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!