Five. Simple. Ingredients. Seriously! That’s all that goes into this ultra-simple yet super-yummy dip. You’ll weep when you realize how easily it comes together. Okay, maybe you won’t have quite that emotional reaction, but you’re sure to be pleased at how quickly you’ll have it on the table.
Let me show you how!
Here are the five simple ingredients: cream cheese, dried rosemary, dried thyme, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper.
Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mash it around a bit with a fork.
Add 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary …
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme …
And 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Grind in some black pepper.
Here are your five ingredients in all their glory.
Mash it around with your fork until well mixed.
All mixed up.
Spread on your favorite crackers. Enjoy!
1. This spread is best if you allow it to come to room temperature. This really allows you to taste the flavors.
2. It’s best to choose crackers without a lot of extra flavor so they don’t overpower the dip.
3. If you wish, you could try using fresh ingredients instead of dry. However, you will need to increase the amounts since dried herbs are more “concentrated.”
A delicious blend of spices and cream cheese.
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- ½ teaspoons Dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve with crackers, toast, or crostini.
Erica Berge shares her wonderful recipes and amazing food photography on her blog, Cooking for Seven. She also writes about crafts and posts more of her beautiful photography in her personal blog, EricaLea.com. There really isn’t much that this amazing young lady can’t do, and we’re thrilled she does some of it here.