You must be logged in to post a review.
Once you make this tuna noodle casserole without using condensed soup you’ll never go back! It’s easy and so, so good. You can also change up the ingredients to make it healthier.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add noodles and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain well.
3. While noodles are cooking, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are combined evenly. Add milk, and whisk until the sauce thickens (usually it is at the proper consistency by the time it begins to boil).
4. Add cheese to mixture, and whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
5. Stir in tuna, peas, and drained noodles. Spread evenly in prepared dish.
6. Top mixture with crushed potato chips or crackers.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: If you can’t find a large can of tuna you can use 2 6 ounce or 5 ounce cans.