You must be logged in to post a review.
If you are a fan of the Philly cheese steak sandwich, you might like this version, all wrapped up and picnic-friendly. I used deli roast beef but you could always substitute some leftover steak (is there such a thing?) that has been sliced thinly.
1. Slice green pepper and onion thinly and then chop lightly.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high and spray with oil.
3. Saute green pepper and onion with salt until softened.
4. Add roast beef and mushrooms.
5. Cook until mushrooms are softened and beef thoroughly warmed.
6. On each of the tortillas, spread 2 ½ slices of the cheese across the center. (Note: Have the tortillas and cheese at room temperature.)
7. Spread ¼ of the hot meat mixture on top of the cheese.
8. Let sit a few minutes for the cheese to soften and melt slightly.
9. Fold the tortilla in half along the “cheese line” and then roll.
10. Slice in half to serve.
This homemade version of cheeseburger macaroni is much healthier than the boxed version and it’s also gluten-free.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!