You must be logged in to post a review.
Have trouble getting your kids to eat their vegetables? Hide them in this easy, yet delicious Chicken Parmesan!
1. Steam/Cook vegetables. I recommend placing them in a microwave safe bowl, just cover with water and microwave for about 1-2 minutes, until soft.
Saute onions and garlic until soft and translucent. In a medium sauce pan, combine crushed tomatoes, onion and garlic, cooked vegetables, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Heat sauce on low.
* If you have time, skip the precook steps for the onion, garlic and vegetables and combine uncooked, then heat sauce on low for 1.5 hours.
2. Heat oven to 475 degrees.
3. Pound chicken evenly thin. Place flour, along with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish. Set up a second dish with your beaten eggs, and a third dish with mixed bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Heat olive oil on medium-medium high in a large, oven safe pan. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Coat chicken with egg, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, again shaking off any excess. Brown chicken in olive oil, about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
4. Spoon tomato sauce over each chicken breast, cover breasts with Mozzarella slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Baked in oven until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
Serve over noodle of choice.
* If you do not have an oven safe pan, you can use a tin foil covered baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
These spicy, satisfying tacos are always a major crowd-pleaser. And they’re incredibly simple to whip up!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!