You must be logged in to post a review.
Chicken Parmesan is always a favorite, but this Chicken Parm is topped with sauteed spinach, making it almost irresistible!
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Pound the chicken breasts just to an even thickness.
3. You’ll need three shallow dishes. Into one dish add the flour.
4. In another dish beat the eggs with just a splash of water.
5. In the last dish combine the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning), ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
6. Lightly dredge each piece of chicken first in the flour, then dip it into the egg wash, finally cover the chicken in the seasoned bread crumbs. Set the dredged chicken on a plate and set it to the side.
7. In a large skillet, over medium high heat sauté the spinach in a tablespoon of olive oil. Season the spinach with just a pinch of salt and pepper. When the spinach has just wilted remove it from the skillet to a strainer set over a bowl (to catch any liquid) and set it to the side.
8. Heat that same large skillet once again over medium high. Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
9. Brown the chicken in the hot skillet for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
10. Remove the browned chicken to a sheet pan or baking dish.
11. Top each piece of chicken with the wilted spinach, then 1/4 of the tomato sauce, and finally cover the top with slices of mozzarella.
12. Cook the chicken in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the cheese is bubbly and golden.
13. Allow the chicken to set for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!