You must be logged in to post a review.
Our recurring Monday night dinner: quick, easy, and tasty (I mean seriously: bacon!).
1. Chop up the bacon and fry in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned and crispy.
2. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
3. Dice the onion and add it to the bacon. Fry over medium heat until the onion is softened, 6-8 minutes.
4. Chop up the kale and, once the onion is softened, add it to the skillet little by little, stirring until wilted. Add the sherry or white wine (or a combination of wine and chicken broth) and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed/evaporated almost completely.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve over rice!
This homemade version of cheeseburger macaroni is much healthier than the boxed version and it’s also gluten-free.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!