Living in a house with a 5-year-old, most of our desserts are of the kid-friendly variety. “Grown up” desserts are saved for special occasions, when I feel the need to step away from kiddie land and enjoy something a bit more, well, grown up.
Don’t get me wrong! I love a good ol’ chocolate chip cookie sundae, but every now and then a girl needs to pamper her palate. When I found Jessica’s recipe for Grilled Peaches with Honey Ginger Cream Cheese Fluff, I knew this recipe would hit the mark.
Besides, who doesn’t love a dessert that has fluff in it? Fluff is very grown up, right?
This recipe is super simple. You’ll need: peaches, neufchatel cheese, honey, ginger, nutmeg, and Cool Whip.
In a bowl, mix together the neufchatel cheese and honey.
Beat with a mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes.
Add the ginger and nutmeg.
Beat for another 2 minutes, until well combined.
Gently fold in the Cool Whip with a spoon, just until combined. Refrigerate while you grill the peaches.
Cover the grate of your grill with foil. Place the peaches, cut side down, on the grill. Grill for 3-6 minutes, or until soft.
Remove peaches to a platter. Top with the cream cheese fluff, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
I absolutely LOVED these grilled peaches. Even my son loved them, so they’re not just for grown ups! The spiced cream cheese topping went so well with the sweet, juicy peaches. A perfect ending to a summer meal. Thank you Jessica for sharing you’re recipe with us! You can visit Jessica’s blog, A Kitchen Addiction, to find more of her yummy recipes.
The cream cheese fluff offers a slight tang to offset the sweetness of the peaches, and the ginger and honey blend beautifully with this delicious treat!
1. In a small bowl, add neufchatel cheese and honey. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in the ginger and nutmeg. Beat again for another 2 minutes.
2. Gently fold in the Cool Whip with a spoon just until combined. Refrigerate while you grill the peaches.
3. Cover grate of grill with aluminum foil. Place peaches, cut side down, on grill. Grill on low heat for 3-6 minutes, or until soft.
4. Remove peaches to a plate. Top with cream cheese fluff. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4 ounces, weight 1/3 Of The Fat Neufchatel Cheese, Softened
- 1-½ Tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoons Ginger
- ⅛ teaspoons Nutmeg
- 4 ounces, weight Fat Free Cool Whip, Thawed
- 1 pound Peaches, Washed And Halved
- Honey And Nutmeg For Garnish
Amber is a stay at home mom who lives in the heart of the Missouri Ozarks. It’s a long way from where she grew up, in Wales (yes, way over in the U.K.). The recipes in her blog Sprinkled with Flour include her original creations as well as her family recipes. Go check them out!