1. Melt butter over medium heat, adding the celery, carrots, and onion. Cook for ten minutes and stir occasionally until tender. Add curry power and pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Add water, broth, and pumpkin. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat to cool slightly (this is important or you will get burned in this next step). Just a forewarning from someone who knows.
4. In a food processor or blender, add one-third of the pumpkin mixture at a time and blend until smooth. Return all pumpkin mixture to pot.
5. Stir in half-and-half, salt, and pepper; heat thoroughly.
I added some smokey meaty goodness and fried a few pieces of bacon to crumble on top. Of course you could top it with Gouda crumbles or croutons or something equally delicious and unhealthy.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
nikkilessthan3 on 10.30.2009
I made this last night and it was fantastic! My boyfriend fell in love (all over again) it was sooo tasty! Thanks so much for the recipe
(I used one large can of pumpkin – 30 oz.)
loulou77 on 10.28.2009
The soup was fantastic! The curry flavor makes the dish, and I added a little cayenne for an extra punch.
PLEASE specify the size of the canned pumpkin. I used two large cans (because that was my only choice at the store) and ended up doubling the amount of stock. Am I right if I guess it should be two 15-oz cans?
lindopotts on 10.21.2009
We tried this tonight and it was a great recipe! We like a lot of flavor at our house so I doubled the onions, the curry and the pumpkin pie spice. I also added liberal amounts of garlic powder and garlic salt. It was delicious!
This was very good! I made a few additions – more chicken broth (I found it a bit too thick) and honey to taste (I thought it needed a little sweetness). I also used turkey bacon and cranberry sauce on top which worked out fantastically! Thanks!
irishheart on 10.6.2009
This turned out beautifully! The flavor of the curry and the pumpkin is a marriage made in heaven. My family loved it!