You must be logged in to post a review.
A hearty chowder perfect for wintry days.
1. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in thyme, dill and sausage; cook, stirring about 5 minutes until sausage is brown.
3. Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Slowly add milk and bring soup back to a boil, simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. To thicken soup, heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, cook stirring until mixture is smooth and light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to scorch the roux mixture. Stir this roux into the soup until the soup thickens. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: top with grated cheese, bacon bits, and chopped green onions.
Keeps well refrigerated for 2-3 days. Reheat on low heat, slowly stir Add 1 cup of milk if too thick.