You must be logged in to post a review.
These pancakes are heaven! They are 100% whole wheat but are still wonderfully light and fluffy!
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda). Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients.
2. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt and water (or milk). It should be a very thick but still be of pourable consistency. If more water is needed, add a teaspoonful at a time.
3. Add yogurt-water mixture, eggs and vanilla to the hole in the dry ingredients. Whisk the wet ingredients together until just combined.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed. Leave it lumpy!
5. Cook the pancakes on a preheated griddle or in a skillet on the stove. I usually cook them at 325° F and pour about a 1/4 of a cup of batter for each pancake. When the edges of the batter appear dry and bubbles begin to form and pop, flip the pancake and cook the other side until done.
6. This makes about ten 4- to 5-inch pancakes. Enjoy!
Cook the pancakes in a bit of butter or oil for golden-brown, slight crisp pancakes.
Add fresh fruit (blueberries or sliced bananas are my faves!) or chocolate chips to the pancakes after pouring the batter and before flipping.