You must be logged in to post a review.
Here is a new twist on an old favorite: sesame mirin kale chips. Naturally low-carb, they are tasty and healthy and can be varied in numerous ways. My variation is a tangy, yet slightly sweet and savory treat spotted with delicious and nutritious sesame seeds.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Rinse the kale leaves and pat them dry with a towel or paper towel.
3. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces. Discard the thick stem in the middle.
4. Take the biggest bowl you have and put the pieces of kale leaves in there.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix and massage thoroughly so that the pieces of leaves are covered everywhere with oil and spices.
6. Spread the pieces of leaves on a baking sheet that you’ve lined with parchment paper, placing them so that they touch each other as little as possible.
7. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until crispy and not too brown.
8. Remove from the oven, let them cool and serve.
A grain free, low carb cheesy bread stick? Pretty amazing, right?
There is a secret ingredient you probably know about already. Or maybe you don’t. Either way, you must give this recipe a shot before you ask, “What is that made of?”
Protein-packed, low fat Buffalo chicken dip. My favorite healthy recipe to bring to any gathering.
5 Minute Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream, made with frozen strawberries, banana and cream. Only 5 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup serving. It has a rich texture, and the flavor profile is tart, yet sweet. Whole foods never tasted better!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!