You must be logged in to post a review.
This is not your ordinary chunky soup! It will make your skirt fly up, as Ree would say. My sister and I have been making this recipe for years! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
This recipe is so easy! You will need to make it in a fairly good-sized pot. I won’t lie, it makes a lot of delicious soup!
1. Start off by sauteing the onions and garlic in olive oil. (I always add salt and pepper at this point.)
2. When softened, add the red peppers.
3. When softened, add in the potatoes.
4. After five minutes, add in kielbasa and chicken.
5. After five minutes, add the tomatoes (undrained—we want those juices!), corn, and kidney beans.
6. Add in the beer (you can substitute chicken stock, but the beer is so flavorful). Fill the pot the rest of the way up with chicken stock (if you need a little more or less of the chicken stock, that is okay!).
7. Add the red pepper flakes (optional, add if you are brave!) and salt and pepper.
Let simmer for at least twenty minutes. Top with sour cream, cilantro, cheese … and, dip with warm bread or chips! It is just that simple. Enjoy and make it your own!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!