You must be logged in to post a review.
Roast butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and onion in the oven before turning them into a soup. The flavor is amazing!
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with foil. Divide squash, potatoes, carrots and onion between baking sheets. Drizzle oil, salt and pepper over the veggies. Toss veggies to coat. Roast until lightly brown, about 25 minutes. Stir veggies around the 15-minute mark.
3. In a soup pot, combine oven roasted veggies and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or a blender, working in batches. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Bring soup back up to a simmer.
5. In a skillet, toast pine nuts. Remove nuts from skillet. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Over a medium heat, saute apple cubes for 3 minutes. Set aside.
6. When soup is ready, ladle into bowls and top with pine nuts, apples and parsley.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!