You must be logged in to post a review.
This is a combination of my chili gravy with our house queso. Add diced jalapeno and whoa!
1. In a large skillet or pot over medium heat, brown the beef with the onion, garlic and bacon. Once meat is browned and onions are tender, drain grease if necessary.
2. Add beef stock, cumin, oregano, salt, and chili powder and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 50 minutes. Combine the flour and water in a small bowl and set aside.
4. After 50 minutes of simmering mix the flour water into the pot, stirring quickly to dissolve it into the gravy.
5. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
6. In a separate pan over low heat combine milk, cheese, salsa and pico de gallo; heat to melt.
7. Combine both pans and add water to desired consistency.
8. Add diced jalapenos and heat through.
I have been trying to make beer cheese soup successfully for years and I think it was the addition of butternut squash that sealed the deal. It not only helps with the flavor, but also the consistency. The recipe also calls for one of my favorite beers; Great Lakes Brewery’s Edmond Fitzgerald Porter. Add to that two types of cheddar and Gouda cheese and you’ve got a winner!
When the nip in the air becomes a definite chill then it’s time. It’s time for soup. There is no more comforting or sustaining a soup than Baked Potato Soup with Sausage and Roasted Peppers. When there is a fire crackling in the fireplace and this soup is on the table, all is well in our world regardless of what is going on outside.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!