You must be logged in to post a review.
Creamy, buttery and delectable. This is the only cream cheese frosting recipe that you will ever need.
1. Cream together cream cheese, vanilla and butter until fluffy.
2. Sift or whisk powdered sugar to aerate it.
3. Stir powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
4. Makes enough to generously frost a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan, 24 cupcakes, or an 8-inch layer cake.
– This makes a medium consistency frosting.
– For a stiff decorator frosting: add more powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until desired consistency.
– For a thinner consistency to fill cupcakes or sandwich cookies, add about ½ cup less powdered sugar.
– For chocolate cream cheese frosting: sift ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the powdered sugar before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.
– For flavored cream cheese frosting: Substitute the flavored extract of your choice. Maple, lemon, or orange are wonderful.