You must be logged in to post a review.
This sweet and spicy snacking cake has lovely pumpkin flavor with chocolatey goodness in every bite!
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, egg whites and oil and mix until smooth. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.
5. Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix thouroughly, but try not to overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15-25 minutes. You want a toothpick to come out clean when you poke into it. Then you know it’s done.
7. Cool completely and then devour!
Recipe adapted from Pennies on a Platter.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!