You must be logged in to post a review.
A fall-inspired cereal: sweet, spicy, and full of crunch and chewy dried cranberries and apricots. Lovely to enjoy with a mug of chai on cool mornings.
1. In a large bowl, combine oats and almonds, set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. The coating should be caramelized on the oat mixture and it should look a nice light brown.
5. Add dried apricots and dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container. I like Mason jars!
6. Eat it up. It should last a month … but it won’t because it is sooo good!
Easy breakfast sandwich you just cook in the broiler in a few minutes! Also great on a whole grain bagel.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!