You must be logged in to post a review.
Dark chocolate and fresh garden mint baked donuts dipped in dark chocolate glaze.
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF and prepare a donut pan with baking spray.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients (cake flour, cocoa powder, and sugar) in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
4. While the butter is melting, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs in a small bowl.
5. Add the buttermilk/egg combination to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Add the melted butter and stir in.
7. Finely chop the fresh mint leaves.
8. Add the mint to the donut batter and mix well.
9. Spoon the batter into the donut pan.
10. Bake the donuts for 10 minutes at 325ºF. Let cool for a minute before turning out onto a cooling rack.
11. Repeat with the remaining donut batter.
12. Start preparing the chocolate glaze. Heat the cream to a simmer.
13. Combine all of the other ingredients in a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over them. Whisk until shiny and smooth.
14. Dunk each donut halfway in the glaze and twist as you remove it from the glaze.
15. Set back on the cooling rack to set up.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!