You must be logged in to post a review.
This is now my family’s favorite Christmas breakfast—thanks to thechattymom and a few of my own little twists.
1. In a medium/large bowl (use one with a wide opening to dip your bread in completely), crack your eggs. Add the egg nog, cinnamon and nutmeg into the bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
2. Take your pan or griddle and heat it on medium-high heat.
3. Add your pats of butter, butter spray or coconut oil into the pan. Make sure that it’s fully coated to prevent sticking.
4. Dip your slices of Texas toast into the egg nog mixture. Make sure that it is fully covered and soaked on both sides. Let it sit and absorb the yumminess for about 30 seconds.
5. Take each soaked bread slice and place it onto your hot pan. Cook each side until golden brown (about 3-5 minutes). Cook as many slices as can fit in your pan. Once each batch is done, set the cooked bread aside and repeat the soaking and cooking of the remaining bread.
6. While cooking your French toast, take your room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix them together in a small bowl until you have a smooth, velvety, workable mixture.
7. Once all of the French toast slices have been cooked take two slices per person and place them onto a plate.
8. Take one slice and top it with some of the cream cheese mixture (I say about a tablespoon). Then add some of your fresh blueberries. Take the other slice of bread and add it on top of the blueberries.
9. Dust with powdered sugar and syrup.
*I’ve also made stuffed French toast with blackberries, slices strawberries, raspberries, chocolate chips/bananas, etc. The ideas are endless.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!