You must be logged in to post a review.
One of my favorite (and easy) meals to whip up is turkey chili. It takes only a few minutes to prepare, and makes a large enough batch for my husband and me to enjoy for a few meals!
1. Warm extra virgin olive oil in a deep stock pot over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and garlic; saute until tender.
2. Add ground turkey breast; season with salt and pepper and cook through, about 6 minutes.
3. Add petite diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and black beans.
4. Add chili powder and cumin to taste.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low; add green pepper.
6. Simmer 10-20 minutes, until green pepper is tender.
7. Serve with shredded cheese sprinkled on top. A scoop of fresh guacamole is also perfect for this recipe!
***Notes: the spices in this recipe are for a relatively mild chili. If you like your chili with a kick, I would definitely recommend adding more spice to your taste! I typically end up adding a bit more chili powder to mine if my husband isn’t around (he can’t handle heat!).
Also – if you would like your green peppers to be a bit softer, I’d add them in with the onions at the beginning of the recipe. I like a bit of difference in texture in comparison to the soft tomatoes, beans, and turkey, so adding them towards the end is just a personal preference!