You must be logged in to post a review.
Tastes amazing but it SO easy!
1. Chop pecans and spread half of them on a 13″ x 18″ baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
2. Coat the inside of a 2-quart microwave-safe glass bowl with butter very well (specifically the top half). Add the butter, sugar, salt, and water in that order. Try not to get any of the sugar on the sides of the bowl.
3. Cook in the microwave on high for 16-18 minutes. Depending on your microwave, it could take less or more time, so you will need to keep an eye on it and check every minute or so. Add the vanilla after about 15 minutes of cooking and then watch it and wait until the mixture turns a dark amber color. Do NOT stir at any point in the process.
4. When it has achieved the correct color (similar to the color of brown sugar), remove from the microwave and immediately pour onto the lined pan directly over the pecans. It should spread out on its own almost to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the toffee and wait for 1-2 minutes before spreading them out to cover. Sprinkle melted chocolate with remaining pecans.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes or until chocolate hardens completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.