You must be logged in to post a review.
This gluten-free blueberry pie, topped with star cutouts, is a great spring pie to wow your family, friends, coworkers, neighbors—you get the idea. It’s sweet, tart, and savory all in one!
For the dough:
1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, xanthan gum, salt.)
2. Chop cold butter into pats. Incorporate into dry ingredients.
3. Whisk together eggs and vinegar.
4. Add to dry ingredients, roll into ball.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to rolling, and let sit at room temperature 10 minutes before rolling.
For the filling:
1. Mix all ingredients except blueberries and butter.
2. Add blueberries and mix well.
3. Put blueberries into pie crust.
4. Top blueberries with butter pieces.
5. Top buttered blueberries with top crust (or crust stars).
6. Refrigerate 30 minutes (Preheat oven to 425ºF at this point).
7. Mix the egg and milk for the egg wash. Egg wash the top of the pie.
8. Place in oven for 20 minutes at 425ºF.
9. Lower heat to 350ºF and let bake 30-40 more minutes.
Try these Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Almond Bars using Whole Foods 365 Organic cranberry sauce for your next holiday shindig! Easy to make and packed with flavor, they will be a hit at your holiday party!
These are seasonal, marbled pumpkin delights made with kabocha squash.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!