You must be logged in to post a review.
Why not make your own (white chocolate!) peanut butter cups for Halloween?
1. Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler (or make your own double boiler by setting a heat-proof bowl over a pot with 1-inch of water) over high heat. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce stove heat to low.
2. Continuously stir the chocolate until completely melted. Remove bowl from the heat and place on a heatproof surface.
3. Using a small spoon, “paint” the melted chocolate all over the insides of 10 tin foil muffin liners (the tinfoil cups are easier to peel off than the paper cups). The layer of chocolate should be thick enough so that you cannot see through it, but thin enough that the paper cups remain upright and intact. You will not use all of the melted chocolate in this step.
4. Allow chocolate cups to cool and harden completely by placing on a tray in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can also complete this step the night before.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a small spoon, evenly divide the peanut butter between the hardened chocolate cups. Smooth the top to create an even surface.
7. If the remaining melted chocolate has hardened too much, simply repeat steps 1-2.
8. Evenly divide the remaining melted chocolate amongst the filled cups, smoothing the tops and making sure the chocolate reaches all the way to the edges in order to seal the cups.
9. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 1-2 hours.
10. Unwrap cups and enjoy! You can also store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!