You must be logged in to post a review.
Even simple Oreo cookies can be turned into decadent truffles.
1. Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Stir in sweetened condensed milk (or buttercream) until it has a cookie dough-like consistency.
2. Roll the mixture into 12 truffles (1 Oreo cookie makes 1 truffle) and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate truffles for about 1 hour or freeze for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave (microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring before additional 30 second increments). Dip the chilled Oreo truffles into the melted chocolate using a fork or dipping tool. Place back onto the lined baking sheet.
4. Melt a little bit of dark chocolate and drizzle over the White Chocolate Oreo Truffles.
5. You can keep the truffles in the fridge but bring them back to room temperature before serving. Truffles with sweetened condensed milk are quite hard when chilled.
Adapted from Bitsofsunshine.com.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!