You must be logged in to post a review.
The tastes of summer all wrapped up in one easy dessert!
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place all ingredients for the filling in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until fruit is tender and mixture has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat.
3. While filling is cooking, start assembling the topping.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
5. Spray the inside of individual ramekins or an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour fruit mixture into ramekins or pan. Sprinkle with topping.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
7. Top with your favorite frozen yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!
These bar cookies are fun, festive, and super quick and easy to whip up. Spread them around the office and watch the atmosphere instantly brighten. And really, you don’t have to wait for a birthday.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!