You must be logged in to post a review.
These are pretty awesome if you like rich chocolate cake with a creamy cheesecake center. Try ‘em!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (177 C) and line 20 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Now in a medium bowl you want to make the cream cheese filling. Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and salt until completely smooth. Slowly add the egg whites and sour cream stirring as you go and continuing until fully incorporated. Then stir in the milk chocolate chips and set aside.
4. Now back to the cake … In another bowl mix the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until nice and smooth.
5. Evenly divide your batter among the muffin cups then spoon a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each cupcake.
6. Bake in your preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the cream cheese filling has set and the cupcakes feel springy to the touch. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. The cupcakes can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
These cupcakes are all about decoration. My favorites are the monster cupcakes. They are colorful, fun and so easy to achieve the cuteness. No piping skills required. I guarantee you. You can go as crazy as you want. After all they are monsters.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!