You must be logged in to post a review.
I know. There are already 4 recipes for buckeyes on TK. This one is different, I promise. It is more Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup because of the addition of honey and a pinch o’ salt. Everyone wants the recipe and there are NEVER any left.
1. In stand mixer, mix peanut butter, butter, honey, vanilla, and salt together until smooth.
2. Slowly add sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the dough comes together. Be patient. You might not need to use all of the sugar.
3. Roll dough into buckeye sized balls (a generous tablespoon) and place onto a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Stick a toothpick into each ball and place in the freezer or fridge until cool to touch.
4. Melt chopped paraffin in a double boiler over medium heat. Add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
5. Dip each ball into chocolate, trying to get the buckeye to look like a real one. Go ahead, Google it. My grandparents had a tree in their backyard. I used to make necklaces out of the real ones.
6. Anyway, after all of the balls have been dipped, remove the toothpicks and tap the holes closed with the blunt end of a chopstick or a skewer. Fingerprints on top of buckeyes are gross!
7. Place back into the fridge to set. I usually triple this recipe around the holidays and freeze until needed.