You must be logged in to post a review.
Baked doughnuts with cake batter, sprinkles, and a vanilla glaze.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a doughnut or muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and melted better. Mix until well combined. If your batter is a little bit thick, add a little bit more milk, just until batter is well mixed and all ingredients are fully incorporated. Add desired amount of sprinkles, and mix well.
3. Fill each doughnut or muffin cup approximately 3/4 full. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until doughnuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan. I transferred the batter to a gallon-sized bag and pipped the batter into my doughnut pan and muffin pan.
4. Top with glaze.
For the vanilla sprinkle glaze:
1. Mix milk, vanilla, and powered sugar together until glaze forms.
2. You may need to add more milk/powered sugar to reach desired consistency. I usually use close to 1 tablespoon milk.
3. Add desired amount of sprinkles. Mix well.
4. Drizzle glaze over doughnuts.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!