You must be logged in to post a review.
A quick and easy apple cake with an outstanding glaze that you brush on while the cake is still warm.
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Into a medium-sized bowl, sift flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
2. In a large bowl whisk oil and sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
3. Whisk in applesauce and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Take care not to overwork the batter.
5. Stir in apples and walnuts.
6. Scrape the batter into a greased 8” baking pan. (Lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and then greasing the paper as well will make for extra easy removal.)
7. Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes at 325 F.
For the glaze:
1. Put the glaze ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil, and stir for one minute.
2. While cake is still warm remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Poke holes in the top of the cake with a skewer. Brush glaze over warm cake.
Serve warm drizzled with any leftover glaze.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!