You must be logged in to post a review.
Savory scones made with potatoes and whole wheat flour.
1. Peel potatoes then cut them into cubes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook the potatoes until they are soft enough to mash. This will take 10-20 minutes depending on the size of the cubes. Test with a fork to make sure they are done.
2. Drain off the water. Mash the cooked potatoes using a potato masher or mixer.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, oil, baking powder, nutmeg and salt and mix well.
4. Add the whole wheat flour into the mixture and mix well until it forms a crumbly dough.
5. Add the mashed potatoes and mix some more.
6. Put the thyme in and fold it in with a spoon.
7. Preheat oven to 390 F/200 C.
8. Line a baking tray with parchment/baking paper.
9. Using your hands, form 8 evenly-sized balls from the dough. Lay them out on the baking tray and make them a little flatter by pushing on them with your fingers.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Tip: You can eat these scones warm or cold. And with some butter on them they taste even better
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!