You must be logged in to post a review.
The perfect complement to a lazy Saturday or a quick breakfast to grab on the go! Sweet, tangy and delicious.
For the scones:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add in your diced butter and combine using a fork or pastry cutter until dough clumps into pieces no larger than pea size. Once butter is incorporated, mix in your egg and milk until combined, but do not over mix. Then gently fold in your cranberries and almonds.
2. On a floured surface, form your dough into a 9 inch disk. I suggest forming it into a ball and then patting the dough flat. Cut the dough into six even pieces like a pizza or pie using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
3. Separate your pieces and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
4. Enjoy warm, topped with sweet orange glaze and your beverage of choice.
For the glaze:
1. In a small bowl mix the glaze ingredients until combined then drizzle over warm scones.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!