You must be logged in to post a review.
A good beer for beer bread is Home Brew, Porter, PA, IPA or Belgian. A stout or dark beer will give a darker bread with a heavier flavor. I have used Bass Ale, IPA, Beck’s, Guinness Stout, Shiner Bock etc. Happy baking!
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
3. Stir in beer, blending well.
4. Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
6. Pour melted butter over mixture.
7. Bake 35 minutes, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
Note: Sift your flour before measuring and mix all ingredients together well before adding beer. Less mixing after adding the beer leads to a lighter loaf.