You must be logged in to post a review.
Great Mexican rice, similar to what you find in a restaurant. It’s a favorite around our house; we have it at least once a week!
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Measure out the rice and rinse till water runs clear.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or other oven safe pan with a lid. When oil is hot, add rice and cook until translucent.
3. While rice is cooking, puree the Rotel, onion, garlic and salt in a blender or food processor; fill a large measuring cup to 2 1/2 cups with the mixture. Add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups.
4. Add mixture to the rice, bring to a boil, stir once, cover with a lid and place in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Here’s an easy recipe for Mexican Rice (aka Spanish Rice). It’s cooked right in a rice cooker, which happens to be my new favorite kitchen toy. But hey, don’t worry if you don’t have a slow cooker. I’ll share my easy stove top directions too.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!