You must be logged in to post a review.
These puffed rice bars are simple and delicious! They make a great guilt free snack.
1. Heat Earth Balance on medium low heat until it melts evenly.
2. Add the chocolate and mix consistently until all the chocolate is melted.
3. Mix together the peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, and soy milk together until well combined.
4. Fold in the puffed rice until the peanut butter mixture is evenly distributed.
5. Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
6. Pour the rice mixture into the baking dish and press down.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture over the top and spread with a spatula so that all of the rice is covered.
8. Put the baking dish in the freezer for about 2 hours. You can leave it in for longer if needed.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!