You must be logged in to post a review.
Simple and rustically beautiful, this is the perfect weeknight cake.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9” round cake pan with a round of parchment paper in the bottom and some cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, and combine well. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until it is a smooth batter.
5. Gently fold in the fresh raspberries.
6. Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan and bake the cake for 30 minutes at 350ºF, or until just done.
7. Let cool before turning out onto a platter and dusting with powdered sugar. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
This peanut butter cream pie is made extra yummy by using a chocolate cream base and a meringue topping. It’s a little bit more work than some of the recipes I’ve posted but it is well worth it. And hard as it is to resist, it is best when left to set up and then cool completely in the refrigerator.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!