You must be logged in to post a review.
Pumpkin and chocolate pair perfectly, so a chocolate chip cookie crust makes perfect sense with pumpkin cheesecake. You can whip up a batch of these fool proof bars in no time flat. They also freeze really well so you can make them ahead of time! This recipe makes 8 generous bars or 12 regular bars.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Put some flour on your hands, and use your fingers to evenly spread the two packages of cookie dough over the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is golden. Remove pan from the oven and allow the cookie crust to cool completely.
4. Once the cookie crust has cooled completely, make the filling. First in a large bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
5. Beat the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt into the cream cheese, until thoroughly mixed.
6. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk.
7. Beat in the eggs. Use a spatula to scrape the bowl and be sure everything is combined.
8. Pour the mixture into the pan over the cooled cookie crust.
9. Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes, until the sides are set, and the center barely jiggles.
10. Remove pan from the oven and allow bars to cool before putting it into the refrigerator overnight. It needs to set up before cutting into bars.
*Note: Pumpkin Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars can be made ahead and frozen! Allow the pumpkin cheesecake to cool overnight. Cut it into bars. Put the bars in single layer in a freezer proof container and freeze up to 6 weeks. A day or two before you want to serve the bars put them into the refrigerator to thaw.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!