You must be logged in to post a review.
Peanut butter meets chocolate in this sweet & salty take on a classic combination.
1. In double boiler (or a bowl resting over a pot of lightly simmering water), melt the butter, sugar and cocoa.
2. While still over water, add egg and beat to combine (will thicken quite a bit here). Remove from heat and add graham cracker crumbs and nuts.
3. Press into an 8 x 8 cake pan. Set aside.
4. Add peanut butter and butter together in small bowl.
5. Mix in sugar, salt and vanilla to form a thick paste.
6. Dump onto base layer and smooth over, patting down to make a flat, even layer.
7. In double boiler (or microwave), melt butter and chocolate chips together. Stir until completely dissolved and smooth.
8. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread out evenly.
9. Cool in fridge for about 5 minutes (should still be slightly soft on top but not warm).
10. Sprinkle, lightly, with Himalayan salt. Return to fridge (or freezer, if you’re in a hurry like I was), and let cool completely to become hard.
11. Cut into small squares and don’t say I didn’t warn you. These things are addictive.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!