You must be logged in to post a review.
Cool down with this recipe for the easiest ice cream you’ll ever make. Creamy, egg free, totally coconutty, and using only 5 ingredients!
1. In a small sauce pot add your heavy cream, coconut milk, and sugar. Cook over medium low, stirring occasionally until just about to simmer.
2. Once about to simmer, turn heat to low and cook stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved- about 1 minute.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in coconut extract and salt. Please be mindful- I instructed to use 1/4 teaspoon of Lorann Gourmet Brand Coconut Extract. It’s a very strong extract. If you use another kind, adjust amount accordingly. Stir well. Allow to cool in pot for about 15-20 minutes. Once cooled, add to a container with tight-fitting lid and place in fridge for about 8 hours or best, overnight.
4. Next, stir coconut custard once more, pour into your ice cream maker (which is already running! Never add ice cream base to an ice cream maker that’s standing still) and churn according to your maker’s instructions. You’re looking for a soft serve consistency as well as an increase in volume. For my Cuisinart, this took about 17 minutes.
5. Transfer to a freezer-proof container with a tight-fitting lid and freeze at least 3 hours before digging in! We allowed ours another night to freeze before eating.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.
I chose to use semi-sweet chocolate instead of milk chocolate, so that the chocolate flavor would really punch through. This provided the perfect balance of chocolate to make the whole frosting completely “milk chocolate” in flavor.
Banana cupcakes with Nutella and vanilla swirl buttercream.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!