You must be logged in to post a review.
A fun, fancy and healthy holiday twist on a classic Rice Krispie treat! Perfect for kids or adults!
1. Line an 8×8 (or larger) baking dish with parchment paper (I like my treats thick but if you like yours thinner use a bigger dish!)
2. In a large non-stick stock pot, melt butter and coconut oil together over medium-low heat.
3. When it’s melted add the peppermint extract. Then add in the peppermint marshmallows, stirring constantly until almost completely melted.
4. Add in the Cocoa Pebbles and stir until evenly coated. Press the mixture into the baking dish using a piece of parchment paper. (I just leave the parchment paper pressed on top until they are cooled in fridge, that way it doesn’t stick when removed!)
5. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set before cutting.
6. Cut into your preferred size of squares. Put peppermint dust in a small square container and dip the top half of each Rice Krispie treat into the crushed peppermint pieces for a pretty ‘pepperminty’ effect.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!