You must be logged in to post a review.
Light, moist muffins with just a hint of coconut flavor and bursting with strawberries. All topped off with a crunchy sugary lemon topping.
For the muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease and line a muffin tin.
2. In a small saucepan or in a microwave proof bowl, heat up the coconut oil. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a mixing bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, egg, and cooled coconut oil. Mix until combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients until just combined. Then add the shredded coconut and strawberries by hand.
5. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
6. Bake on 325ºF for about 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
For the topping:
1. Once muffins have cooled and can be handled, juice lemons and melt butter. Mix butter and lemon juice.
2. In an assembly line, dip the top of the muffins in the butter/lemon juice then roll in the sugar. Repeat until complete.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!