You must be logged in to post a review.
One of my ultimate comfort foods: crunchy poppyseeds scattered through a soft, dense bread with tart-sweet lemony glaze.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, eggs and oil until well combined.
3. Add milk, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the almond extract, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
5. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix well for 2 minutes.
6. If making muffins, fill prepared muffin pans (either with paper liners or well sprayed with Baker’s Joy or thoroughly buttered and floured) 2/3 full. If making loaves, fill prepared loaf pans about halfway.
7. Bake muffins for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Loaves take about 45 minutes.
8. Combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Pour or brush the glaze liberally over the hot loaves of bread as soon as they come out of the oven.
9. Allow the breads to cool completely before removing from the pans.