You must be logged in to post a review.
Lemon bread : Yum! Blueberry butter: Amazing! Make this recipe.
For the bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and grease 2 standard loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and white granulated sugar. Pour in the poppy seeds and combine.
3. Add oil, eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Mix until everything is combined, about 1 minute. Do not over-mix.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pans.
5. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Prepare butter as follows below.
For the blueberry butter:
1. In a small bowl combine butte, crushed dried blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest. Mix everything together until well combined.
2. Add food coloring gel until you reach your desired shade of color. Mix well.
3. Scrape butter from bowl onto a large piece of parchment paper. Roll the butter and form it into a log. Chill for 2 hours before slicing.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!