You must be logged in to post a review.
A delicious white bread recipe that is so good it will keep you from buying bread at the store.
1. In a KitchenAid mixer (or large mixing bowl), dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
2. In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
3. Add 2 cups of flour mixture and margarine to yeast mixture.
4. Stir slowly until combined.
5. Add 1/2 cup of flour at a time, while stirring slowly, allowing to combine thoroughly after each addition.
6. After all flour has been added and dough pulls from the sides, knead for 8 minutes.
7. Remove from bowl and oil. Place dough in bowl and roll it in oil to coat.
8. Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for about 1 hour, till dobuled.
9. Deflate the dough and roll it around on a lightly floured surface.
10. Divide the dough into 2 equal halves and roll into loaves.
11. Place each loaf in a greased dough pan.
12. Cover and allow to rise for another 40 minutes, or doubled.
13. Meanwhile preheat oven to 425ºF.
14. Lower temperature to 375ºF and bake for 25 minutes.
15. Remove from oven, coat the tops with margarine and return to oven.
16. Bake for another 5 minutes.
17. Enjoy topped with a little butter, honey or jam.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!